In-Room Automation & IoT
The Internet of Things (IoT) is ushering in a new generation of energy management systems and practices, and era is proud to be on the fore-front. It is now easier than ever to take control of equipment which was once considered too small for the cost-effective application of advanced optimization strategies. Lighting, HVAC, plug loads, and security can all be seamlessly integrated, not just to each other but also to other critical building systems such as maintenance management, guest check-in, and financial software, enabling measurable operational results and generating significant energy savings.
Common in hotels, retirement communities, student & public housing, education facilities, offices, and others, systems with sporadic occupancy and/or high quantities of standalone terminal units represent one of the most significant opportunities for energy savings in many modern building types.
era building solutions is proud to be the only non-manufacturer in the Region to offer the complete line of Telkonet® EcoSmart™ controls, engineering, and ongoing support services as a part of our comprehensive controls offerings for our clients. EcoSmart open-protocol controls solutions are extremely capable in standalone operation and excel when integrated to enhance existing building automation infrastructure.
Where do EcoSmart systems work most effectively?
A highly specialized but easily adaptable & scalable solution, EcoSmart Energy Management can be applied across a vast array of building and business types. EcoSmart is effective as a standalone solution or can be integrated into any number of systems for more advanced capabilities. Ideal building attributes for an EcoSmart system include any of the following...
- Spaces with intermittent occupancy that cannot be easily scheduled such as hotel rooms, residence halls, assisted or independent living retirement communities, school classrooms, multifamily mid- and high-rises, medical facilities, and public housing.
- Places where energy can be saved when controlled based on occupancy such as conference areas, laundry facilities, and workout rooms.
- Properties without control of terminal HVAC units and other in-room energy loads, including those with a robust Building Automation System controlling the central plant.
- Buildings in which HVAC and lighting control would normally be cost-prohibitive due to wiring and installation expenses.
- Buildings with numerous terminal units or other unitary equipment.
42% avg. run-time reduction**
1.5 to 3.5 year average SPB
- 24 to 40 mo's (<$.15/kwh)
- 18 to 36 mo's (>$.15/kwh)
Retirement & Assisted Living
28% avg. run-time reduction**
2.5 to 5 year average SPB
- 36 to 60 mo's (<$.15/kwh)
- 30 to 48 mo's (>$.15/kwh)
20% avg. run-time reduction**
2.7 to 5 year average SPB
- 39 to 60 mo's (<$.15/kwh)
- 32 to 48 mo's (>$.15/kwh)
Simple Payback (SPB) defined as typical total installed project cost divided by typical annual savings.
Much of the savings found in EcoSmart Intelligent Automation systems is through the recognition of reduced runtime from setback during periods of non-occupancy which would be difficult or impossible to capture with standard scheduling. Below are typical reductions in runtime across various industries and building types.
EcoCare is a team-based service composed of LEED-accredited professionals, certified energy managers and professional engineers to provide you and your clients with multiple tiers of support when you need it.
What's Available to You
Our cloud-based, energy monitoring support services help ensure maximum efficiency and long-term savings. Telkonet teams with era to offer a full suite of factory-supported services including:
- 24/7/365 Support
- Firmware upgrades
- Dedicated support team monitoring
- Quarterly system performance reviews
- Savings trends and additional customized reports
- Extended equipment warranties
- Direct support for on-site technicians and engineers
- Diagnostic assistance
- Interfaces with third-party Property Management Systems
- Building Automation System integration support
With any building solution, it is always best to establish clear goals and objectives before taking the steps to implementation. We at era are always happy to assist our current and future clients in starting their advanced building optimization journey. Please contact your era building solutions representative to request an initial consultation to determine what path may be best-suited for your building and your business.
* EcoSmart energy management is already controlling over 300,000 rooms in North America and has been approved and vetted by many of the largest firms in the country.
**Compared to schedule-based occupancy control.